Are You an Overworked Manager?
What does Performance Management mean? In simple terms, it means managing by results, but that covers an awful lot of ground.
We are going to break it down into easy-to-understand components; a complete performance management system. Included are lots of practical tips and techniques that will help you manage your people.
The major benefit of all this is more time for you as a manager.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you an overworked manager?
- Do you find yourself working long hours; drastically reducing your family (or “play”) time?
- When you hire people, do you sometimes get it wrong and hire a dud?
- Would you like to get the best out of all of your people, so that your area of control thrives?
- How much easier would it be if you didn’t lose your best people?
- Do you spend more time than you would like to in handling “problems” in your team?
- Do you find it difficult to appraise your staff and give them a fair assessment?
- Is terminating staff a chore you dread?
All of these questions, and many more, are answered here. It all comes down to managing your people with a keen eye on their actual production of results.
I have spent nearly 40 years of my life in management.
Almost half of that time was with a multinational computer company. The other half was spent running my own businesses and working with a specialised, niche-market recruitment agency.
The data in this website comes from the school of hard knocks!